/* -- wedding countdown script -- */
In only
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
I will be Mrs. Daniel Tobin!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Moving

Moving is supposed to be one of the most stressful things people go through.  Our move is not stressful as much as it is complicated, since Dan is in State College, I'm in Pittsburgh, and a lot of our stuff never got unpacked from when we moved here last summer.  My FMIL and I packed a good dozen boxes this morning with dishes, pots, pans, etc. as well as several boxes of non-perishable food. 

I spent the rest of the day pacing my room trying to decide what to do next.  Something like a GTD nextaction list would come in very handy here...

I think my first step will be doing a couple of loads of laundry tomorrow, so i have all my clothes clean and can decide what i want to move immediately vs. what can wait until the real move.  (Dan starts work the day after Memorial day, so we're thinking we'll just take the bare minimum down right now, and then organize a big move sometime in the summer.)  I will probably start packing winter clothes up first, since I won't need them between now and moving day.  Depending on what vehicles we use to move, the clothes I will need to wear now and soon after the move might even be able to be moved on hangers rather than in luggage, which will be much faster and easier.

After that I will probably start filling small boxes with books.  Between the 2 of us, Dan and I probably have close to a thousand books, most of which we will want to move at some point.  What I will probably do is pull out all the books that I've flagged to be on the top of my reading list, and put them in one box.  That way, if we do have room for a box of books in the first move, they'll be the right ones.  The rest can be moved a couple of boxes at a time if need be. 

Besides clothes and books, there's not a whole lot else that will need to be packed - art supplies, toys, stuffed lovies, computer stuff, odds and ends.  Again, nothing that absolutely must be moved immediately or that couldn't be broken down into multiple carloads if need arose. 

Sigh... all those books....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home