/* -- wedding countdown script -- */
In only
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
I will be Mrs. Daniel Tobin!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Lost post and Savage Garden

So I wrote this great post about the power of thought, and it seems to have disappeared into the ether. 

I'm going to chalk this up to God wanting me to develop patience and rewrite it - just not right now, since blogging time is over.

But here's a thought I just had.  Actually I've had this thought several times, but it is relevant to that discussion of motivation, attitude and positive thinking.

In the Savage Garden song 'Affirmation' there's a line that says "I believe the struggle for financial freedom isn't fair.  I believe the only ones who disagree are billionaires"

I have long thought that this line is true but not in the way the writers meant it.  Refusing to believe that the system is rigged, and believing you can make it despite naysayers and obstacles in your path is a necessary condition for achieving great success.  If you believe the system is unfair, you will never be a billionaire.  But if you believe in yourself and refuse to give in when things get tough, you might very well become one. 

So, if you want to be a billionaire, don't sing that line of that song ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home