/* -- wedding countdown script -- */
In only
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
I will be Mrs. Daniel Tobin!

Friday, December 16, 2005

Bored

There's stuff going on - Iraqi elections, yet another White House scandal that will probably turn out to be nothing more than Democrats looking for an excuse to bash the President, the expiration of the Patriot Act... But nothing seems to be engaging my interest enough to write a post about it.

Maybe I'm not paying enough attention, or maybe I'm tired of politics. Or maybe it's just that it's almost Christmas, and all I want to do is be with people I love and enjoy their company.

Perhaps this will turn into a completely non-political blog. Or maybe I will summon up the energy sometime soon to tackle the bigger/broader issues that we all argue about. Things like abortion, gun rights, the death penalty, the role of government, social security, tax reform, foreign policy, etc. I'm a lot more interested in the basic arguments. In fact, the only time I really care about any given issue du jour is when the pro and con arguments come from viewpoints that illustrate differences on one of the big issues.

E.g. people's reactions to the Iraqi elections would depend entirely on how they view the issue of militant Islam, and how we ought to deal with it. And, since I have to work tomorrow morning, I will leave it at that for now, and save the elaboration for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home