/* -- wedding countdown script -- */
In only
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
I will be Mrs. Daniel Tobin!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Songs for difficult emotions

This song's been playing on the radio for about a month now. I didn't like it that much when I first heard it, but have since found it exactly expresses a feeling that would otherwise just have me feeling frustrated and angry, without being able to put the feeling into words.


I don't feel like loving you today,
So don't you even try to change my mind,
The best thing you can do right now,
Is just go away,
Cause I don't feel like loving you today,

I don't wanna talk about last night,
I'm angry and I haven't had much sleep,
And I'm so tired and bloodshot,
There's no tellin' what I'd say,
I don't feel like loving you today,

But you know I will anyway,
Even though we make it hard sometimes,
I'll wind up forgiving and probably loving you,
For the rest of my life,
But I don't feel like loving you today,
And I've got 16 hours left to go,
I might tell you that I'm leaving,
Even though you know I'll stay,
Cause I don't feel like loving you today.

-- 'I Don't Feel Like Loving You Today' by Gretchen Wilson

Here's another one that expresses pretty much the same feeling.

I'll never leave, I'll never stray.
My love for you will never change.
But I ain't ready to make up.
We'll get around to that.
I think I'm right, I think you're wrong.
I'll prob'ly give in before long.
Please don't make me smile.
I just wanna be mad for a while.

-- 'I Just Wanna Be Mad' by Terri Clark

I think all couples should have these songs on their playlists for the times when nothing else will work quite as well to express what they are feeling.

Any ideas for other songs that convey complex emotions perfectly?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home