/* -- wedding countdown script -- */
In only
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
I will be Mrs. Daniel Tobin!

Sunday, December 11, 2005

second post

(if it ain't broke...why try for creative post titles?)

Obviously, school kept me busier than I thought I was going to be. It's been more than 16 months between my first and second posts. I did make it throught nursing school, and am now working at Mercy hospital of Pittsburgh, in a Neuro/Trauma progressive care unit. (And I will shortly be moving again to Lynchburg, the middle of nowhere, VA, but that's a whole other blog post!)

I'm still conservative, although I'm no longer in an environment where everyone else is an avowed and outspoken liberal. Most people at work are, but they don't tend to talk about it. Every once in a while we do get a patient who answers the 'Who is the President?' orientation question with 'ugh.. Bush' or some such, but I can laugh at that with them.

What inspired me to come back to this blog, though, was the death of Stephen Malcolm Anderson. This man I never met was a frequent commenter on a couple of blogs I regularly read, and his comments were always thought-provoking and interesting. While he and I were very different, I always learned something from his thoughts, and felt on some level he was a kindred spirit. I hope he is at peace now, even though my idea of Heaven is not the same as his. And I still hope one day to meet him in person. In the meantime, though, I will see what I can do on this little blog of mine to live my life with as much enthusiasm, joy, good humor and style as he did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home