/* -- wedding countdown script -- */
In only
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
I will be Mrs. Daniel Tobin!

Sunday, December 11, 2005

A few of my favorite things

Things that inspire me, things that changed my life, and things that made me think. (And several of these fit more than one of those descriptions)


1) Daniel, the love of my life (TLOML) - always the top of any such list.

2) bloggers - Dean Esmay, Alice in Texas, Sarah of Trying to Grok, Bill Whittle, Stephen Den Beste, and the no longer active Kim and Connie Du Toit.

3) authors / books - C. S. Lewis, everything he's written, but in particular, The Screwtape Letters, Mere Christianity and Perelandra. G. K. Chesterton, and, particularly, The Everlasting Man. Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card. Heinlein's Starship Troopers. A Brief History of Time, by Stephen Hawking.
(Ok, not a particularly original or earth-shattering list, but it gives you a decent insight into my worldview. And I'll stop with those for now, although my inspirational book list might go on forever if I listed them all.)

to be continued...

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Kim du Toit said...

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

http://www.theothersideofkim.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home