/* -- wedding countdown script -- */
In only
Days Hours Minutes Seconds
I will be Mrs. Daniel Tobin!

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Football

I'm preparing to watch the Steelers play the Bengals. Living here, I have to root for the home team. I have no idea, though, if they are likely to win or not. They won once and lost once against Cincinatti in the regular season. But they've been on a winning streak, and Cinci's been on a losing streak.... There's more that I would know if I were a sports fan like some of the people I know, who could handicap this game with the confidence of a bookie.

I'm, of course, not much of a sports fan at all. I do like watching football, a fact brought home to me mostly because I've been watching it over the past couple of days even though I don't particularly care for any of the teams in the playoffs besides the Steelers. Granted, my method of watching football is to sit here with it on and a good book, and look up when the announcers get excited. That way I get to see all the cool plays in slow motion during the replay.

The best part of football games, in my opinion, is cuddling up on the couch with Dan while he watches the game, and eating all the fun football snacks that everyone has to have - wings, veggies and dip, crackers, etc. Mmm... football season...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home